Sunday, November 11, 2012

ONSET OF DISCONNECT


Hey love,
Parrots have turned blue,
No, I just saw them and they were quite red.
You are lying again you thief,
It’s only the buffaloes that can turn red
Who doesn’t know that!
Well, I have seen some yellow buffaloes in my life,
There’s even a song about it I suppose,
Oh, so you’re telling me I’m crazy
I come from the land of pink crows and purple owls,
Yeah, and flying pigs
No, it’s only the elephants that fly,
It has always been them, the elephants,
Who doesn’t know that !
I have seen them, pigs, flying upside down, pole dancing even,
It has always been that way, time eternal!
You are insulting my culture!
You are insulting my intelligence!
My culture is rooted in flying mammoths,
My whole ancestors are flying mammoths,
And mine were meowing dogs and barking cats,
I have fluorescent cat ancestors with horns for tails
And a purse for an eye.
We should break up,
Flying mammoths and meowing dogs and barking cats
Can’t have babies,
Who Doesn’t Know That!


(Entry for Saarang Writing Awards 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment